Thursday, January 11, 2007

Overwhemed

So in Gulu now and feeling completely overwhelmed by the new job. I have no idea what I'm doing but seem to be getting stuff done. Well I was feeling good about the whole thing until my meeting today with the trainers. Seriously left thinking I was so incompetent and didn't actually have a clue what I'm doing which I don't. Just hope I've been able to fool people other wise. It seems as though I'm going to be very very busy in the next couple of weeks.
Anyways about my life up here not too stellar at the moment. There's no gas for the stove and we can't buy any til Friday or Saturday so haven't been able to cook at home really though learned you can make pasta with a kettle..... classy eh? the internet is down at the office so i have to use the internet cafe and only have a couple of minutes left..... been whining my ass off at kampala to get the internet up and running but no action yet. going to head to the nicest hotel in town for dinner tonight but that means eating dinner out by myself which i'm definately not a fan of at all.
Really have to work on the whole making friends here in Gulu - I think it's time to call up the one other expat I know in Gulu Marcos (AVSI mine action coordinator) but i was really hoping to be able to make friends on my own. But maybe he can help me figure out where everyone goes in the evenings.
it's dry season so it's hot and dry... haa ha amazing eh.
going to kampala this weekend to say bye to jess which will be hard, it's always been the two of us in this whole crazy experience so it'll be really weird to be here without her. better start calling around and finding myself a couch to sleep on for the weekend.
talk to you soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home