Friday, December 08, 2006

Flooding, diseases and all that good stuff

So just got an phone call from my mom worried about me due to the flooding in Kampala making the news and the cholera outbreak here. Just letting you all know I'm ok, the flooding wasn't anything too bad in Kampala just a road or two in Kibuli/Industrial area was not too passable on Wednesday morning.
Cholera outbreak makes me feel like I'm in the middle ages or something but I've been vaccinated against it and will be taking precautions like washing my hands, cooking food properly and not drinking dirty water (honestly that's the advice that the government is giving out to protect yourself - sketchy I know) don't worry.....
Mainly the problem is the rainy season is lasting much longer than usual thus causing problems such as the aforementioned flooding and waterborne diseases well plus just plain pissing me off b/c I'm sick of getting poured on for a little bit each day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home