Sunday, February 11, 2007

Things I never thought I'd say

I have a jar full of sim-sim paste and no idea what to do with it - I really appreciate the gift but what on earth does one do with a jar full of sim sim paste?
In the past week we have had pigs in the compound twice thanks to the guys at the pork joint behind us not doing a good job of looking after their future product. These aren't like cute little pigs these are the big laugh at them at the Saanich Fair type.
I have to have contingency plans if the security situation goes to crap while these youth are in the subcounties training other youth. I may have to evacuate people.
I'm so excited to see Ties tonight mainly because he's someone to talk to who doesn't work with me. Plus the idea of talking to another mzungu for the first time in like 2 and half weeks is kinda exciting (ok the guy from MSF Spain who I directed to Mercie's office doesn't count.)
I have to figure out a way to teach microsoft publisher to a group of guys who had never touched a computer before last week.
The person who invented the electric fan is a genius.
I'm starting to like my co-worker's girlfriend despite the fact I also like his wife who lives in Lira.
I am completely and utterly out of touch with pop culture, I have no idea what movies are big, what music is popular and I just found out Anna Nicole Smith died and tonight is the Grammys.
Went out for a late night on Friday - got home just after midnight.....
Man I hope I don't have to ride on top of a cattle truck for part of my end of time in Uganda rounds to visit the other offices.
I really need to find some ex-combatants/former child soldiers to incorporate into the groups.
I would absolutely love to find a butcher where the meat hangs behind glass instead of sits on a slab of concrete in the market covered in flies.
Someone really needs to give the guard dogs a bath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home