Sunday, March 18, 2007

Pre-apologies

So I probably won't be writing much in the next week or two so I apologize and explain now. Once I am able to post again I will write a ton and put up photos etc. But for the anticipated blog slacking - I'm sorry!
Explanation
This week I have a visit from DFAIT tomorrow afternoon, a whole day with the founder of Guluwalk on Wednesday, a review meeting on thursday afternoon and on thursday evening 100 youth from across the north are coming to town and i think i'm making some pasta for them all, friday is the peace symposium for those 100 youth plus 20 in the town which includes a stakeholders meeting that will involve district officials, people from other ngos etc etc, a football, netball tournament, relay races, art and speaking compeitions and other events then saturday the peace symposium continues, sunday i'm taking 12 youth to kampala for a five day advocacy trip (3 of whom have never been to k'la) which will include a informal dinner with all of the national religious leaders (except the mufti is now out on bail for fraud so dont' know about that one), a press conference, a meeting with parliamentarians, two presentations at schools, one at makerere university, a mystery tour day (trip to entebbe), a fancy cocktail and meanwhile i'll have a training going on back here in gulu which i obviously wont' have control over. Add to all that I've decided to move back to k'la to write my report and all b/c life is so much easier there and well I'd just rather live in Kampala that so when i take these youth down I'm moving too. I haven't even begun to pack up my room though started to give clothes away already, yes Laura that pink zippy is gone already!!!! Many others will be staying here as well because I can afford to buy more (though i am coming home to be unemployed - but partially b/c 10 months of hand washing and line dry is not good for clothes)while most people in the camps can't exactly pick up a bunch of cheap shirts from H and M in london on their way home....
I am rather torn about this whole moving back to kampala thing b/c i do love life up in Gulu, it's just a lot harder than life in kampala and a bit lonelier....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home