Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I got a package!!!

So on Monday I got a package from home. So excited - now have four dvds to watch, bits of a cosmo magazine to read, a new shirt, earrings, and some candies. mmmm gummi bears - I never thought it would be so difficult to get gummi candies here but man it's been difficult. Ate one little bag that night but I'm hording the other package. Yesterday was ridiculous as I finished everything on the to-do list by about 10am so I spent my afternoon helping Evelyn shop at mec.ca for a bag and a laptop backpack which my dad will bring down. pretty funny actually - no one here had ever shopped online because no one really has credit cards so it was sort of a novelty. it's been a rough week for the city - uchumi a grocery store in Garden City the big mall had a fire that burnt for like 12 hours so I've lost one of my three favourite feels like home grocery stores and it was the second closest one. I dont' know what other stores were damaged but I kinda liked garden city felt very homey. Same day the taxis went on strike to protest a new law about having speed governers (not really a bad idea some of these drivers are a little on the scary side). Oh my poor adopted city.....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish we could go to Thrifty's right this very second and load up on real fruit gummies. I haven't had any since you left and don't plan on eating any until you get home. When you do eventually get home, we have a date. I think that it will consist of eating a lot of North American crap, cardio box, some beer, and then dancccinnnggg.
I'm missing you like cannndddy...
Tell me what you want me to send in the next package and with dada.
xoxox Darling...
sista sista lmh.

September 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home